(“Wildlife Explorers”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website, our clients, associates and other third parties, in accordance with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (No.) 2016/679 and the applicable Greek data protection law.
- Collection of Personal Data
In this frame, Wildlife Explorers collects and processes the following categories of personal data, i.e. information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subjects”), including any special categories of personal data:
- Identity and contact details: full name (name and surname), photographs, ID/ Passport details, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.;
- Travel information: tickets information, accommodation details, previous travel arrangements and/or previous participations in tours;
- Financial information: payments for participation in tours, banking details, etc.;
- Other personal information: any other personal information that are necessary for the purposes of our communications and/or contractual relationship, such as preferences, interests, etc.;
- Special categories of personal data: to the extent necessary for the safe and appropriate organization of the guided tours, Wildlife Explorers may collect and process special categories of personal data relating to you, such as medical conditions that need to be taken into consideration (e.g. food allergies, heart conditions, et. al.), etc.
The above mentioned personal data are being collected directly by you, by communicating with us in any of the above mentioned ways. Should you not wish for Wildlife Explorers to collect, process and store your personal data, you are kindly requested not to provide us with such personal data and/or with your consent to their collection and processing (to the extent that Wildlife Explorers processes your personal data on the basis of your consent).
Please note that any personal data concerning another individual may be provided only following his/her explicit permission for you to provide us such personal data, and after you have informed him/ her of the content of this Policy.
In case you provide us with personal data of minors, Wildlife Explorers will collect and process such data only provided and to the extent that you are legally permitted to notify such data to us.
- Use of your personal data
Wildlife Explorers collects and stores your personal data for the purposes mentioned below. In this context, Wildlife Explorers may store your personal data, retrieve the personal data you have provided us for the purposes of your participation in guided tours, transfer your personal data to third parties as necessary, etc.
Wildlife Explorers takes appropriate measures to store your personal data for the time period that is necessary for the purposes for which they are being collected, as well as in order to ensure its compliance with any legal obligations. Your personal data will be transferred only to third parties that are necessary for the organization and your participation in the guided tours.
Wildlife Explorers will be processing your personal data for the corresponding purposes, including, namely:
- Examination of a request/ query you submit to us;
- Execution of our contractual relationship;
- In order to proceed with the necessary actions to appropriately organize the guided tours offered;
- In order to supply you with news regarding our future developments, future guided tours we organize, any other news concerning our activity, etc., unless otherwise indicated by you. In this case, you may opt-out of our contacts’ list at any stage simply by contacting us via e-mail.
Wildlife Explorers processes your personal data that is being collected through its website and other communication means, on the following legal bases:
- Preparation and/or execution of our contractual relationship;
- Compliance with its legal and regulatory obligations;
- Wildlife Explorers’ legitimate interests, including its legitimate interest to assess the personal data you provide us in light of a query and/or request to participate in a guided tour, to communicate to you any developments/ news, etc.;
- Your consent, to the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on it.
Wildlife Explorers may transfer your personal data for use or storage to other third parties, always in compliance with the applicable GDPR provisions, for the fulfillment of the above-mentioned data processing purposes, such as, indicatively:
- Credit institutions, in order to proceed with necessary payments;
- Travel agencies, airlines, hotels, insurance undertakings, etc. as necessary for the organization of the guided tour you wish to participate in;
- Other service providers, such as local guides, et. al., with which we may cooperate for the planning of a guided tour;
- Third-party experts, such as tax experts, legal, financial and technical advisors, et. al., with whom we may cooperate;
- Competent judicial and other public authorities, in the event that such transfer is necessary for the compliance with a legal and/or regulatory obligation or following an order/ request received from a competent authority;
- Other third parties, to which personal data may be transferred in order for the processing purposes to be fulfilled.
By providing your personal data you acknowledge that such data transfers may occur. Wildlife Explorers will take the appropriate and necessary measures in order to ensure that your personal data are being securely transferred, in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, including in cases where such data transfers are made to establishments outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Your rights in connection with your personal data
- You are entitled at any time to access your personal data we process under this Policy, and to receive the additional information on the processing thereof, according to the applicable provisions;
- You may at any time request the update, correction or completion of your personal data;
- You have the right to request that we delete your personal data we collect and process, in the cases and under the conditions described in the applicable provisions;
- You are entitled to ask that we restrict the use of your personal data, according to the applicable provisions;
- You may object to us processing your personal data, as provided under the applicable provisions, at any time;
- You are entitled to ask that we provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, or to transfer your personal data to a third party you will determine;
- You may at any time withdraw your consent to the collection and processing of your personal data. Please note that in case of such withdrawal, the prior use of your personal data is not undone, while we may maintain your personal data in our archives for a reasonable time period, for filing, fraud prevention, compliance with legal obligations, or if we consider such maintenance is legitimate (e.g. in case the personal data you refer to are also part of the photographers’ copyright, etc.).
- You have the right to submit a complaint concerning the collection and processing of your personal data to the competent Hellenic Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).
To exercise any of the above mentioned rights, you may address Wildlife Explorers at the below mentioned contact details.
Wildlife Explorers takes reasonable technical and organizational measures in order to safeguard the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data. Nonetheless, no transfer of data via the Internet is 100% safe; thus, we cannot ensure or fully guarantee the security of any information you provide us, and you should be aware that any transfer of information by you to Wildlife Explorers takes place at your responsibility. In case Wildlife Explorers becomes aware that the website’s or, in general, your personal data’s security is compromised as a result of external activity, including but not limited to external security attacks, it shall take all measures it deems appropriate, including but not limited to notification of and cooperation with law enforcement authorities and you, where necessary in accordance with the applicable provisions.
- Contact with Wildlife Explorers
Concerning your personal data Wildlife Explorers collects and processes in accordance with this Policy, Wildlife Explorers acts as a data controller, in the sense of the applicable data protection law provisions. In this context, you may contact us for any data protection issues, to the following contact details. Any information you will provide in any communication will be also covered by this Policy.
Tel: ___[αρ. τηλεφώνου]___
Fax: ___ [αρ. fax αν υπάρχει]___
- Applicable law / Jurisdiction
- Amendments of this Data Protection Policy
Should we proceed with any material amendments of this Policy, we will inform you accordingly via our website or by other appropriate means, if necessary.
Last update: September 2020